The Product: A digital Wallet as the fast and Simple tool for multi-purpose payments.
Digital Wallet Services allow users to top-up funds using their payment cards and/or bank accounts (and other methods), make transfers, and pay to different merchants.
- When it comes to paying online for goods or services, utility bill payments, or fast transfers, we all want to have it in one place and not have to go through the trouble of entering your payment card or bank account details each time we want to make a payment.
- We would also like to pay fewer commissions for our transactions.
- In unbanked regions, people want to make online purchases but have only cash.
SDK.finance already has pre-fab modules to create a digital wallet Service that will include:
- multi-currency accounts
- ability to top-up account with cash through cash agents or payment kiosks
- ability to manage commissions for all types of transactions
- integration of popular services providers to pay for airtime, electricity, telcos, etc., a possibility of merchant payments.
- Users register in the system and create wallets.
- User can top-up the wallet using different payment methods (payment cards, bank transfer, payment kiosk).
- User can make transfers from his wallet to another user.
- Users can purchase goods and pay for services with their wallet.
- User can withdraw funds from her wallet via different methods (to card, to a bank account, through cash agent).
- Countries or regions with high percentage of unbanked people: Central Africa countries, Latin America
- Bordering countries with high level of working migrants (Malaysia-Singapore, Eastern Europe — former USSR countries, USA-Mexico, etc.)
The Product: Money transfer service allowing private individuals and businesses to send money abroad without hidden charges.
- High commissions for cross-border p2p transfers
- Hidden interchange commissions
- Most of the traditional money transfer companies require physical presence of the sender
Building a service using SDK.finance pre-fab functionality to let expats, foreign students, and businesses move money globally:
- Simple one-service product for cross-border money transfer
- Providing customers with a lower-cost alternative to traditional means of moving money internationally
- Ability to send money from card or bank account to recipient’s card or bank account.
- User wants to send money to his friend.
- User visits the web page or uses the app.
- User chooses the method of transfer (e.g. from his card to recipient’s bank account).
- Funds are transferred to recipient’s bank account.
The Product: Prepaid Cards service for small and middle enterprises.
The Problem: You are a business owner and want to attract more clients who will make regular orders.
On SDK.finance platform, you can build a simple service that will allow you to:
- Issue pools of cards with a determined balance on them
- The card can be physical or virtual
- You can sell physical cards as gift cards
- You can send cards to your potential clients — bringing them to buy your product/service
- The card can be redeemed for cash in your store or online
- Partnering with other merchants, you can allow owners of your card to use as a payment method with other merchants or service providers
- Merchant sends to Client a Gift Card with some balance (physical or virtual).
- Client registers the card in the App, checks the balance.
- Client can spend card balance at Merchant’s store.
- Client can send the Gift Card to a Friend.
- Friend spends the card balance at Merchant’s store.
The Product: A service providing virtual Visa and Mastercard cards for unbanked regions.
The Problem: In the countries with low presence of financial instruments, where people don’t have bank accounts and payment cards (Visa/MasterCard), people are faced with the problem of an incapability to make online purchases on famous international e-commerce platforms and simply to buy different digital goods.
SDK.finance gateway allows to connect the Visa/MasterCard card processors who will issue virtual Visa and MasterCard:
- Users will be able to top-up their account with cash or by wire transfer
- Funds will be stored on User’s balance in the system
- Users can top-up the Visa/MasterCard virtual cards from their balance or directly at the network of agents.
- Users can use virtual Visa/MasterCard for online payments.
A rewards-based loyalty program offered by a company to customers who frequently make purchases.
Example: Starbucks Rewards
You want to attract more clients, to get more information about your buyers, and to stimulate sales.
A rewards-based loyalty program when:
- Each customer is a registered user in the system providing his personal details to activate the account
- Each purchase of the client is recorded
- You can set the number of rewards points for each level of purchase (for example $10 = 1 star)
- When User gathers the determined number of stars, he can exchange them for some goods or services from your company or from the network of partners.
- Client makes their first purchase at the Merchant’s store and receives a loyalty card.
- Client activates their card on the website or in a mobile app of the Merchant (or a Loyalty Network). Inside the back-office or in the app, a client can check their balance (how many points were collected), check transaction history, check notifications about new promotions, spend collected bonuses, etc.
- Merchant manages his loyalty program from his back-office:
- Merchants can upload lists of goods and clients databases and create different types of promotions
- Activates new clients profiles (using cards or other identifiers)
- Manages POS (websites or offline POS)
- Gets the transaction history.
It can be a product for one big retailer or a network of merchants, where each Merchant can create its own promotions and manage client cards.
The Product: The Cashback-based loyalty program
The Problem: You wish to attract more customers to your products/services or to a payment system.
The Solution: The cashback-based loyalty program that allows customers to receive a determined percentage of cash back from each purchase.
- The cash back can be used by payment systems that have merchants onboard, setting a different number of cashback for each particular merchant OR
- Percentage of Cashback can be set for all purchases made within the payment system.
- User registers in the system (payment system or E-wallet).
- User buys goods or services from the Merchants or members of a cashback program.
- System transfers a cashback to User’s account, according to the cashback profiles created for each Merchant.
Paying easily from your cell phone
The Product: Payment system integrated with mobile operators
VISA / MasterCard have a rather good penetration in the US and European markets. However, there are still many countries which are on the way to it.
The Solution: According to research, cellphones and Mobile Operator penetration is taking place faster than card services in the developing countries that allow for the use of mobile phone balance as a payment method at POS (instead of payment cards and cash).
A Client visits a Merchant’s shop. The Client can pay an invoice on the Merchant’s POS (Point of Sale) — cash desk. The cashier on POS chooses “Paying from a cell phone Balance,” instead of “Paying via VISA / MasterCard.” POS can be used with the implementation of the new alternative payment scheme — paying from a cell phone balance (Mobile Network Operators’ involvement), which is quickly developing and becoming rather popular in many countries.
VISA / MasterCard have already developed a system of POS-terminals payments.
You can also use it for your own benefit, becoming an analog provider.
- Earn on providing analog payment service instead of VISA / MasterCard;
- Synergy cooperation: Merchants would prefer to cut VISA / Mastercard fees through replacement of the payment provider.
- Client authorizes through POS terminal with the use of smart-card or mobile number.
- POS identifies the Client and sends the info to the Merchant.
- Merchant sends the sum of payment to the SDK.finance server.
- SDK.finance sends a request to pay $n, according to the payment method which the Client has chosen (Mobile Network Operator).
- Mobile Network Operator sends the code notification to the Client.
- Client enters confirmation code from his/her cell phone directly.
- Mobile Network Operator informs SDK.finance, Merchant (POS).
- Merchant gives a product to the Client.
- The involved funds are transferred to the Merchant’s Bank account.
The Product: Internal wallet for festivals and big events
The Problem: When you visit a big music festival or some huge event, you are always faced with the problem of long queues at the bar or in the food court. Main reason for that is the system of cash payment. Visitors also don’t want to deal with cash because it can easily get lost or stolen.
The Solution: NFC bracelet or inApp wallet for internal payments on the festivals and events will allow visitors to avoid cash or card payments.
- The balance of your Festival Wallet can be topped-up by any method, including cash, at one of the organizer’s agencies.
- If using the NFC bracelet, it can also be a sort of souvenir for visitors — bringing advertising to the Organizer.
- Organizers have more control over the merchants.
- Organizers have more marketing data about their visitors (what they like, how much time they have spent at the venue, etc).
- Ability to involve other companies such as taxi, hotels, etc. to extend the wallet with more features.
- Visitor buys the ticket to the event. Event organizer provides ticket together with NFC bracelet and instructions for its use.
- Visitor registers his NFC bracelet.
- Visitor tops-up his NFC Bracelet balance by card, bank transfer, or through Organizer’s agent (including at the venue).
- User can pay on site with the bracelet for food and drinks as well as to use services of Organizer’s partners.
Let us give you some ideas about what businesses and services you can launch with the help of Electronic Payment.